Thursday, October 22, 2009

Take Care of Yourself and Your Spouse

Lets talk about self care today. If you workout side of the home, good for you. You are making a contribution to the family finances and are able to socialize in your workplace. This alone can save a bit of sanity. For myself, I am a stay at home mom, my husband is the bread winner of the family. Its not to say that I could go out and find a job, I can and I will if time dictates that I need too.

The first things I cut back on after the company layoff were my pampering days. I didn't feel that I could afford the luxury of $150.00 hair cut, hair color and brow wax. I found a great hair stylist at Great Clips. She can cut my hair just as nicely as the more expensive salons. I started coloring my hair at home. I began tweezing my own brows - although painful - I can live with it!

You can also pamper yourself at home. Take the time to give yourself a pedicure and manicure. It does wonders for your self esteem and makes your toes and hands feel soft and wonderful. Pamper yourself with a bath, fill the tub with bubbles and relax the day away.

You can also help your spouse of significant other feel pampered. Giving them a bit of special attention goes a long way. They are feeling the stress of unemployment and may feel a loss because they are no longer the bread winner for the family. Try and help ease their tension with their favorite meal, a shoulder massage after a long day of online job searching.

Taking care of ourselves is important during this stressful period. So go on, go give yourself a bit of home pampering and have a fantastic day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment